Friday, July 4, 2008

internet, how sweet the sound

the nice folks at the building were kind enough to bash my computer on the desk until the internet started working again, and for that i salute them.

plenty to report, but nothing insanely important. things are still going well, thai lessons have begun, and i've actually got a lot of thai homework over the weekend. we've started on verbs, which i've been waiting for FOREVER, because the only ones i know are pretty much 'to want, to buy, to eat and to go'. kind of puts a limit on those late night philosophical discussions in thai if you know what i mean.

still biking a lot, still going out every weekend, still making friends, still having fun, still working. discussed with Greg about starting to take a day off every week to do research in hopes that will motivate me to get off my keester and actually get something done.

starting to miss home, not so much because things here aren't going well but because my friends and family happen to be awesome.

Janeen is coming down to the city this weekend which i'm definitely looking forward to. i think we're going out saturday or sunday night, but plans are still in the air.

Saving money this month is actually going all right, but paying rent put a depressing hole in my bank account.

Turns out CUSO may reimburse me for a portion of my bike sale so I'm going to send in my reciept and see what happens.

There was a discussion at work about security and as a result I'm unfortunately going to have to edit the contents of the blog somewhat and censor myself a little bit in the future. I don't like it but I understand why it's necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

censorship for safety reasons is fine by me - especially if its your safety home boi!
-hridi