Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Scholarship

I've received word of this scholarship from Japan that's awarded (I think by the Japanese government) to young researchers involved in environmental or agricultural research projects in Asia. Definitely going to apply. There's a 5000 dollar research grant (which would go SO FAR on the farm) and possibly a trip to Japan to present the results of the project afterwards? I'm going to sit down with Greg later this week to talk about a possible research project. He is going to apply as well, because they are accepting one application from an individual, and one from an organization, and he's going to apply on behalf of NEED. If I am able to get a paper published in my name by doing this, that would be SO huge. Also, if I'm able to structure the project so it lined up with my research for school that would be even better. Although I may have to wrestle Greg for the trip to Japan.

Fingers crossed!

No comments: