Tuesday, May 27, 2008

looking for a fight

I've got a few minutes before I have to meet Sam in the lobby. We're going to go see David's wife's fight. She does Muay Thai, or Thai boxing which is the national sport of Thailand. It's basically like boxing but more vicious because the elbows and knees are used heavily to inflict damage on the opponent. This will be my first fight, so I'm pretty excited.

We went to Tesco this afternoon after work and I picked up SO MUCH STUFF...okay, in actuality it probably only came out to about 60 or 70 bucks but here that's a small fortune, considering that I've been told average monthly salaries hover around $150 Canadian. I've finally picked up a fan for my room, and a kettle to satisfy those late night cravings for instant noodles, among other things.

I still haven't picked up any plants for my balcony but that's next on the list. Sam and Greg were able to find some really cool orchids at the Sunday market yesterday.

All right, I'd better go...don't want to be late for the fight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTF? TAKE PICTURES!